Privacy and Data Policy
This policy adheres to the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR (EU Directive) 2018. For the purposes of this policy AMELIA’S WINE is the data controller.
AMELIA’S WINE: 33 Ennismore Gardens, London, SW7 1AE
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
AMELIA’S WINE may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about how you use this website
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering via this website
- Any other information that you send to AMELIA’S WINE such as via a website form including:
- Email Address
- Telephone number
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By using this site, you consent to us processing and collecting the aforementioned data, on the terms and for the reasons which are explained below.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Send you our newsletters from time to time that you have positively consented to receive.
- Send you marketing communications that you have positively consented to receive.
- Internal record keeping
SECURING YOUR DATA
AMELIA’S WINE will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
AMELIA’S WINE will store all the personal information you provide securely and in accordance with UK data protection laws, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
Any payment transactions made to AMELIA’S WINE will be encrypted using SSL technology
AMELIA’S WINE uses Mailchimp to store personal data which has self-certified to both the EU-U.S Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield regimes, and lawfully transfers EU/EEA personal data to the U.S. pursuant to our Privacy Shield Certification. They also complete a SOC II Type 2 examination on an annual basis for the Trust Principal Criteria of Security, Processing Integrity, Confidentiality, and Availability. For more information on Mailchimp’s adherence to GDPR, click here.
The data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored on secure servers located in the U.S. and locations around the world on Dropbox. Dropbox complies with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union, the Euopean Economic Area and Switzerland to the U.S. Dropbox is overseen by the US Federal Trade Commission, for more information and on how Dropbox complies with GDPR click here.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed and/ or stored on secure servers on the accounting software Freshbooks. Freshbooks processes data in a secure manner that is consistent with the PCI DSS requirement. Freshbooks use restrictive firewalls to protect stored data and uses 256 bit SSL certificates to encrypt data.
In the unlikely event that our systems are breached, we will inform the ICO immediately and adhere to their guidelines.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will never pass on your details to third parties without receiving your positive consent to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets
- If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Your data will be retained for up to 36 months, within which time AMELIA’S WINE will seek your consent to continue to hold such information.
If you no longer wish to be contacted in relation to information, products or services that you have previously requested from us, please contact us directly by emailing WINE@AMELIASINGER.COM.
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. You have the right to have your information amended or deleted upon request. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to WINE@AMELIASINGER.COM., or via the unsubscribe form.
Following GDPR guidelines AMELIA’S WINE will answer and action all requests within 28 days of receipt.
Please note that if you click on, or follow, any links from our site to external websites, our private policy will no longer apply. Please check the privacy policies of any such external site before submitting any personal data, as we cannot accept any responsibility or liability in relation to them.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
By email: WINE@AMELIASINGER.COM